Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Non-Actuarial Topics (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Hey Actuarial Students - A lesson on the fair (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=5686)

Anonymous 08-15-2002 09:03 PM

Hey Actuarial Students - A lesson on the fair

Man, I just went on a rant in the Finance section. And it's too bad that I put it in the Finance section, because nobody ever goes there. But it's something that you actuarial students need to know.

You see, I've never seen a generation that was so obsessed with this idea that everything has to be "fair". Where did you kids get that idea anyway? You spend all day cyberfarting around on the internet, then you study a few hours, and come exam time you get laid to waste by the exam. So these exams aren't fair. If you can't pass, it must not be fair.

OK. Let me tell you little squirrels something. I'm not even gonna charge you for this sage advice. My diminutive friends, the fair is something that comes once a year, in October. It's at a nice little place called the fairgrounds, where you walk around chomping on those big ole' turkey legs, with the grease dripping down your T-shirt, then you rinse that sucker down with a few funnell cakes and a large diet coke. Then you go to the Midway and hand a few bucks to the carney's and ride some rides. And you try to throw some of those rings around the pop bottles and win a teddy bear for that cute little momma that you're dating. And after that's over, you go to the Industrial Arts barn and gawk at the cajones on the states biggest heffer. That, my friends, is the fair.

Y'all missed the frickin' fair. Now get over it!

Go get ya an actuarial book and pass the exams. And quit yer griping.

Where'd you buy the book that said everything had to be a fair?

Life ain't fair.

Regards,

Prakash V. Naor

:viola:

The Drunken Actuary 08-15-2002 09:13 PM

what the hell is this shit about?

Thanks man, that really helps. I really appreciate your effort. That is some fantastic insight. Thanks again.

By the way genius, go to a dictionary and look up 'heffer', both for spelling and meaning. If you don't the grammar police here on the RF will ridicule you spelling and not pay any attention to your post. Just some friendly advice, take it from me, I've been there.

Anonymous 08-15-2002 09:19 PM

Are you telling me that a heffer has no cajones?

Well bless my soul, I must be a city slicker.

Seriously, though, let's be fair about this. Is it really fair to criticize me for a few honest mistakes? I don't think the grammar cops will do this to me. That's not fair.

:viola:

So I said hey little lady won't you give me a sign,
I'll do anything to make you mine all mine,
I'll do your bidding and be at yer beck and call.
Well I've never seen a woman looking so fine,
Man I gotta have her, she's a one of a kind,
I'm going once, going twice,

I'm sold to the lady in second row,
She's an eight, she's a nine, she's a ten I know!
She's got ruby red lips, blond hair blue eyes,
And I'm about to kiss my heart goodbye!!!

Yeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwww!!!

See y'all at the fair.

The Drunken Actuary 08-15-2002 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prakash

That and you didn't spell it correctly.

Semprini 08-15-2002 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Drunken Actuary
Quote:

Originally Posted by prakash

That and you didn't spell it correctly.

i hear that heffers dont have any hevos either

Traci 08-15-2002 10:35 PM

"""funnell cakes """

Ooohh! I LOVE those!

Cho Da 08-15-2002 10:40 PM

The two that I try to get to at least every other year:

The Big E: September 13-29, 2002

-or-

Do the Puyallup: September 6-22, 2002

Maxine 08-15-2002 10:42 PM

What about cotton candy? I love cotton candy :D {except for when I mistake fibreglass insulation for cotton candy. Then it's not so good :P }

The Drunken Actuary 08-15-2002 10:45 PM

But that's not really an exception because that's not cotton candy. :D

42Pac Shakur 08-15-2002 11:08 PM

Fair is not having to read my stinky book!

Lamers.