Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

ACTUARIAL SALARY SURVEYS
Contact DW Simpson for a Personalized Salary Survey

Old 06-20-2019, 05:14 PM

I’ve been playing Skyrim on Switch. I should consider doing the main story this time, lol. I’ve put in hundreds of hours across different consoles, and never done the “Speak to the Greybeards” quest.

I’ve also been watching a Let’s Play of Danganronpa 1. I’ve owned it for awhile, but I burnt myself out on reading games (what’s this genre called?). I definitely would have enjoyed it, but it’s better this way I think. Really interesting.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:48 PM
CAS

I'm back on league of legends again. Made it close to a year but the urge was too strong...
Old 06-20-2019, 08:22 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Whisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Iíve been playing Skyrim on Switch. I should consider doing the main story this time, lol. Iíve put in hundreds of hours across different consoles, and never done the ďSpeak to the GreybeardsĒ quest.

Iíve also been watching a Letís Play of Danganronpa 1. Iíve owned it for awhile, but I burnt myself out on reading games (whatís this genre called?). I definitely would have enjoyed it, but itís better this way I think. Really interesting.
As is true of a great many Bethesda games... the side quests and random exploration are more engaging than the main storyline...
Old 06-21-2019, 09:05 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Iíve been playing Skyrim on Switch. I should consider doing the main story this time, lol. Iíve put in hundreds of hours across different consoles, and never done the ďSpeak to the GreybeardsĒ quest.

Iíve also been watching a Letís Play of Danganronpa 1. Iíve owned it for awhile, but I burnt myself out on reading games (whatís this genre called?). I definitely would have enjoyed it, but itís better this way I think. Really interesting.
Missing out on the fun of rag-dolling enemies off ledges with the third level of Unrelenting Force.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:28 AM
It's a funny name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poley McPoleface View Post
Missing out on the fun of rag-dolling enemies off ledges with the third level of Unrelenting Force.
agreed. used properly, those dragon shouts change the game and can be hella fun. unrelenting force is the most satisfying, but slow time, fire breath and marked for death also got a lot of use when I was playing the game.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:29 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsylvos View Post
grant us eyes imo
Well I figured out what that's for, spent a couple hours getting my butt thoroughly kicked in the Hunter's Nightmare because I couldn't figure out where else to go after killing the Witches. I resorted to just running past all the enemies and picking up stuff, didn't get anything that helped me continue on with the game, and ended up Googling where I was supposed to go next. At this point I realized the Hunter's Nightmare was the expansion, which explains the drastic bump in difficulty. Oops.

I think the game's color scheme makes it easy to miss pathways, I never found the door requiring a password so I didn't realize why the cut-scene after Vicar Amelia mattered.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:35 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
agreed. used properly, those dragon shouts change the game and can be hella fun. unrelenting force is the most satisfying, but slow time, fire breath and marked for death also got a lot of use when I was playing the game.
I never used marked for death for some reason. Elemental fury was one of may favorites, it drastically increases how quickly you can swing your weapon.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:57 AM
It's a funny name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poley McPoleface View Post
I never used marked for death for some reason. Elemental fury was one of may favorites, it drastically increases how quickly you can swing your weapon.
if some dude beat me down quickly, I would use MfD as my opening move in the round 2 fight. there typically wasn't the need for round 3
Old 06-21-2019, 08:57 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Whisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
You know, I really never did use shouts much. I used Unrelenting Force every now and then... but mostly I only ever used Whirlwind so i could get to chests on ledges...

ETA: It might be in part because I almost always prefer a stealth archer build. So I'm never close enough to make shouts or magic worthwhile.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:36 AM
SOA

College: JCU

Has anyone been playing Destiny 2 lately? The game has really improved since Vanilla D2 and Shadowkeep looks like its going to be amazing. The latest season has been a lot of fun.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one