Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 01-17-2019, 10:31 AM
CAS

Maybe that'll be next once I finish Hollow Knight. Oddsox has good taste, it's a lot of fun and challenging. When I get hit I've never felt like something was cheap, it's always something I could've prevented and I can tell the moment I make a mistake (such as dashing too early or mistiming a jump so I'm going to land right on top of an attack).

Defeated the Soul Master yesterday. Wish it was easier to mark things I need to go back to, now I need to go and find all the fragile floors.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:34 AM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Oddsox has good taste
evergreen statement

Quote:
Wish it was easier to mark things I need to go back to, now I need to go and find all the fragile floors.
IIRC, Iselda (the bored map lady in Dirtmouth) might have what you're looking for
Old 01-17-2019, 10:36 AM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano

I've been replaying Celeste trying to beat all of the B-sides at least after watching the AGDQ speedrun of it. I've had at least a couple of rooms where I had to watch a video of how to beat it but it's all been doable so far with only minimal raging.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:45 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddSox View Post
evergreen statement

IIRC, Iselda (the bored map lady in Dirtmouth) might have what you're looking for
Oh yeah I bought more marker things from her, I just don't like going back a bench to be able to place them. I'm having too much fun running around attacking things to waste time finding a bench and remembering what I wanted to mark. I like that the major things are marked automatically though.

What I'm saying is it's more of a personal problem
Old 01-17-2019, 11:17 AM
SOA

At long, long last I finally hit Grand Champion for the first time in Rocket League. Got it playing solo in 2v2s. Now to hopefully get the full rewards by getting 10 wins, currently have 2 of the 10.

Spoiler:

One of these days I'm going to go back through old Discord posts or update posts here and try and timeline my progress through the ranks with any side comments that I posted with them. The amount of times I will say "I can't believe I actually hit this rank" will be numerous I'm sure.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:22 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

Quote:
I've been replaying Celeste trying to beat all of the B-sides at least after watching the AGDQ speedrun of it. I've had at least a couple of rooms where I had to watch a video of how to beat it but it's all been doable so far with only minimal raging.
Are you doing it unassisted or with the help mode? I admit, I needed the help mode, mainly cuz I didn't want to spend the time it would take to beat it without that.

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:28 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

Quote:
3-4 if you throw in the DLC? I need to go back and do that, I hear Blood and Wine is excellent.
164 hours for the base game

40 for Blood and Wine

18 for Hearts of Stone

So, all in, 220+ hours if you are a completionist.

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:35 PM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroway View Post
Are you doing it unassisted or with the help mode? I admit, I needed the help mode, mainly cuz I didn't want to spend the time it would take to beat it without that.
unassisted. every so often I get the urge to grind tough platformers like this one, did it with Super Meat Boy and Spelunky off the top of my head.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:12 PM
CAS

Quote:
unassisted. every so often I get the urge to grind tough platformers like this one, did it with Super Meat Boy and Spelunky off the top of my head.
Did you 100% that game? That's ridiculous if yes. I finished everything on the light side aside from a couple of the new character levels (The Kid is the devil), stopped about half-way through the dark side levels.

Some of the achievements for total time on all levels in a world or getting through a whole world without dying are pretty fun. Not sure I'll get through a world without dying past the 2nd one though.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:22 PM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano

Quote:
Did you 100% that game? That's ridiculous if yes. I finished everything on the light side aside from a couple of the new character levels (The Kid is the devil), stopped about half-way through the dark side levels.

Some of the achievements for total time on all levels in a world or getting through a whole world without dying are pretty fun. Not sure I'll get through a world without dying past the 2nd one though.
I'll try to pull it up later for sure. I think I beat Worlds 1 through 6 dark side, don't think I ever did Cotton Alley though. I do remember beating The Kid also.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one