Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Modules 1-5
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions


Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Actuary2017 Actuary2017 is offline
Member
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
College: Graduate
Posts: 173
Blog Entries: 2
Default Module 1

Hey all,

Who is working in module 1?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-11-2017, 08:09 AM
Actuary2017 Actuary2017 is offline
Member
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
College: Graduate
Posts: 173
Blog Entries: 2
Default

No one is working in module 1?��
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-11-2017, 12:25 PM
ao fan's Avatar
ao fan ao fan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: hating the ao
Studying for EA-2L
Posts: 107,084
Blog Entries: 1
Default

I finished it 2 months ago.

then I just stopped when I saw the model solution after submitting and thought I had failed. don't be like me. I was wrong about that and had actually passed, so on to module 2.

there is some good advice for module 1 eom exercise already on the ao though if you search via the tags. It appears as though it's the same exercise that's been there since the beginning, in 2006, so lots of stuff already on here.
__________________
Be prepared to be overwhelmed by cuteness!!!!
Spoiler:
awesome, crazy, badass maltese (compliments of booger):
Spoiler:

Last edited by ao fan; 07-11-2017 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Colonel Smoothie's Avatar
Colonel Smoothie Colonel Smoothie is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
College: Jamba Juice University
Favorite beer: AO Amber Ale
Posts: 49,282
Default

go u
__________________
Recommended Readings for the EL Actuary || Recommended Readings for the EB Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigmeister General View Post
Don't you even think about sending me your resume. I'll turn it into an origami boulder and return it to you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Actuary2017 Actuary2017 is offline
Member
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
College: Graduate
Posts: 173
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ao fan View Post
I finished it 2 months ago.

then I just stopped when I saw the model solution after submitting and thought I had failed. don't be like me. I was wrong about that and had actually passed, so on to module 2.

there is some good advice for module 1 eom exercise already on the ao though if you search via the tags. It appears as though it's the same exercise that's been there since the beginning, in 2006, so lots of stuff already on here.
Thanks for your reply, which exercise is similar to module one?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-11-2017, 11:05 PM
gcact gcact is offline
Member
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Studying for ERM
College: FSU
Posts: 1,599
Default

Is there something specific you're with which you are struggling?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-12-2017, 12:19 AM
ao fan's Avatar
ao fan ao fan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: hating the ao
Studying for EA-2L
Posts: 107,084
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuary2017 View Post
Thanks for your reply, which exercise is similar to module one?
I'm not sure what you're asking. There is the module readings, the case study which is sort of unrelated to the end of module exercise and then there is the end of module test that doesn't count for anything and then the end of module exercise at the end that gets graded. on the ao, if you go to "search" and then "advanced search" there will be tags at the bottom of your screen. Click on the tag for eom1 and it will give you threads with people talking about how to complete the end of module exercise.
__________________
Be prepared to be overwhelmed by cuteness!!!!
Spoiler:
awesome, crazy, badass maltese (compliments of booger):
Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Actuary2017 Actuary2017 is offline
Member
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
College: Graduate
Posts: 173
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcact View Post
Is there something specific you're with which you are struggling?
Thanks for your reply. I have like specific questions

Should we follow the same way that they used with study case. Defining problems, asking questions,. Or go directly to the solution?

Thanks

Last edited by Actuary2017; 07-13-2017 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: I got it
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Actuary2017 Actuary2017 is offline
Member
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
College: Graduate
Posts: 173
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ao fan View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking. There is the module readings, the case study which is sort of unrelated to the end of module exercise and then there is the end of module test that doesn't count for anything and then the end of module exercise at the end that gets graded. on the ao, if you go to "search" and then "advanced search" there will be tags at the bottom of your screen. Click on the tag for eom1 and it will give you threads with people talking about how to complete the end of module exercise.
Really thanks a lot for your answers.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Actuary2017 Actuary2017 is offline
Member
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
College: Graduate
Posts: 173
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Also, what they mean by that
Walk away point is difference between the saving cost and additional cost accur due to purchase?

what they mean by additional cost
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eom1

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.42293 seconds with 9 queries