Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our 2017 Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 08-18-2002, 01:39 PM
Anonymous

Default My Name is Prakash V. Naor. And I am here to help.

Hi, kids. I don't believe that I have ever personally introduced myself. My name is Prakash V. Naor. I am here to help you youngsters to think more clearly.

You see, kids, both Guitar Wolf and I are experienced Fellows. Grisled veterans of many a rate war, and many a reserving battle. We've answered the tough questions in the throes of a vicious rate hearing. We've been interrogated by the Board of Directors under a bright light at three in the morning. We've gritted our teeth and signed many a reserve opinion.

Now I've already taught you kids a valuable lesson on complaining about exams. You all like to gripe that the exams are "unfair". My answer to this complaint would be as follows: Of course they're not fair. You see, young folks, the fair is something that comes once a year, in October. Y'all missed the fair.

Back in my day, we didn't have the luxury of "exam seminars", where all you young lads and lassies spend a week or so (on the company dime, no less) flirting and playing grab ass with each other. And we didn't have Sholom standing up for us and telling all the Fellows that the exams are just too hard for today's generation, which was reared on three-minute MTV videos and instant gratification. No, sir. Do you know what we did have? I'll tell ya. All they gave us was a stinky book by Ruth E. that didn't really make any sense anyway and a long list of readings from the NAIC Proceedings that nobody could even find. But did we complain? Of course not. We just put a clothespin on our schnozz-ohlah's, breathed through our mouths, and passed those stinkin' exams.

Life is unfair, but not unkind.

And I am here to help.

Regards,

Prakash

Old 08-18-2002, 02:19 PM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: Early and Often

I never realized how lucky I am to have expereinced geniuses like you and Guitar Wolf guide me through this process. Can I PM you with any questions I may have?

BTW, have you found 'heffer' in the dictionary yet? Keep looking, I'm sure you'll find it eventually.
I think the dollar will crash irreparably by 2012.... bottom drops out of the dollar. ....Dollars are worthless, 401ks are bust, the markets are valueless...government assumes control over all industry and everything is nationalized by the end of 2012. - gomer_tree
Old 08-18-2002, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Actuary
I never realized how lucky I am to have expereinced geniuses like you and Guitar Wolf guide me through this process.
Prak putteth words in me mouth.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:59 PM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Wolf
Quote:
I never realized how lucky I am to have expereinced geniuses like you and Guitar Wolf guide me through this process.
Prak putteth words in me mouth.
At this point I've not yet decided that you and Prak aren't one in the same. There's a lot of that going on around here lately, right, I Need a Gun?
I think the dollar will crash irreparably by 2012.... bottom drops out of the dollar. ....Dollars are worthless, 401ks are bust, the markets are valueless...government assumes control over all industry and everything is nationalized by the end of 2012. - gomer_tree
Old 08-18-2002, 04:48 PM

should i bow in reverence or bend over?

you had NOSE-pins?! lucky jerk!
Old 08-18-2002, 04:51 PM
Anonymous

TDA - By all means, feel free to PM any time. However, I do not usually check this BB very often, so not sure how quickly I can respond.

I'm glad you're finally coming around.

Regards,

Prakash

Old 08-18-2002, 04:59 PM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash
TDA - By all means, feel free to PM any time. However, I do not usually check this BB very often, so not sure how quickly I can respond.
You said you were here to help. If I can't count on you to answer PMs, how do you plan to help us?
Old 08-18-2002, 08:36 PM
Anonymous

Default WHY NOT DO BOTH????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi Man
should i bow in reverence or bend over?
Seems to me that you should be able to both at the same time. Either way, it would be best for you to cover your heiney with a frying pan. After all, Shekky Tree is lurking on this BB, and you can't be too careful around him.

TDA -

If you can't reach me by PM, you can also give me a call on my cell phone. BTW, did you hear that Milton Friedman couldn't even pass these exams?? I just feel like we're chasing away our best and brightest. That's not fair.

You stole your Daddy's car,
and your Momma's plastic credit card,
You're sixteen and you ain't got a job,
You're not going very far.

But you, you had to move to city.
To the city where it all began!

Regards,

Prak

Old 08-18-2002, 11:07 PM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Need a Gun
Quote:
At this point I've not yet decided that you and Prak aren't one in the same. There's a lot of that going on around here lately, right, I Need a Gun?
Yes there is. You and GP are one and the same, and your lapdog(s), Harry/Hatter, may not be separate from you, either.

Mulan == Traci
Troy McClure == Radioactive Man
PB == Shekky == EB
Of course.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:33 PM

Favorite beer: Beer?! Blech. But Dad likes Dortmunder Union.

Hey, I resemble that remark.
EB's rules for AO political: 1. A responder who replies "who cares?", cares deeply. 1a. a responder who replies LMAO, or similar, agrees with me. 2. It's always funnier when EB says it. - Lucy (Whomever she was) 3. Don't assume I'm trying to convince you, or indeed, any Hillary or Bernie supporter. 4. If my posts are so blatantly wrong, why are you so insistent in following me? I'll not take you home! 5. I'm not happy until you're not happy. 6. "You sir are no racist. You seem to condescend to everyone equally. I salute you." - Rain in Africa.

"If you're not annoying somebody, you're not really alive." -- Margaret Atwood