Terms of Usage and Conditions of Service
By using this discussion forum, you agree to abide by the following simple common sense rules:
- You certify that you are 13 years of age or over. All those individuals under 13 years of age will need a full release form from their parents before posting any messages. This is in compliance with the Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000 (COPPA).
- Nicknames that we feel are inflammatory, vulgar, promotional, or rude will be removed.
- Because your posting may be more pertinent to another subject area it may be moved by a forum moderator.
- Do not post links or attachments with adult content, or messages describing anything against the law.
- This forum is not a venue for personal or private vendettas. Keep your personal business as just that - personal. This forum is not a venue for the resolution of personal disputes with members or companies. Please resolve your issues through email or private messages, not a public thread.
- Please keep your language clean and decent. This includes personal inflammatory language as well as obscenities. Spelling a word to get around the censors is still an obscenity, and grounds for banning.
- Any private discussions (PM’s) with moderators or administrators related to board policy or actions may be shared with other moderators and administrators if we feel it is necessary.
- You agree not to hold the Actuarial Outpost or its members liable for anything stated within the forums.
- Please treat others the way you wish to be treated. One way to guard against misunderstandings is to read over your response before you post it or move on to another area of the forum. Flaming or personal attacks are not allowed or tolerated. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal attack, or engage in hate speech, they may be barred from all further discussions.
- Do not copy or retransmit any information out of these forums without first getting the permission of the original author of the message.
- Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local Private Messages. Public discussion of moderator or administrator actions may take place in the website section of the discussion forum – other such comments in other sections or threads will be deleted or moved. Such public discussions may later be removed.
- Messages posted at this site are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster.
- Anyone posting another members personal details without permission will be banned.
- When a message is placed in any forum system, you are granting a soft license to the site to use it.
- The Cyberchat forums are intended for amusement and entertainment. Discussions in these forums can become heated (as in political,) contain friendly ribbing (as in Sports or Games,) or consist of nonsense or parody (as in The Reef.) Enter at your own risk! Have fun - but at the same time please be considerate of others.
For our part we will do our best to protect your privacy and respect your posts. We will not edit or otherwise misrepresent what you write without cause.
We reserve the right to edit any and all content that has been placed on Actuarial Outpost.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms of Service from time to time without notice and to do so retroactively.